26 Aug Introducing the “Declaration of Abu Dhabi” at the GLOBALG.A.P. SUMMIT 2014 in Abu Dhabi, 27-29 October
GLOBALG.A.P. SUMMIT 2014 Program – 28 October 2014 – 11.30 a.m.:
Introducing the Declaration of Abu Dhabi for Global Food Security through Good Agricultural Practices: The joint initiative launched by the Sustainable Agriculture Initiative (SAI) Platform, the International Trade Centre (ITC), and GLOBALG.A.P.
Helping farmers grow farms for their grandchildren: How can G.A.P. support food security for future generations?
Feeding 9.6 billion people in 2050 is one of the biggest challenges facing all of humanity today. How can Good Agricultural Practices help secure food supplies today and in the future? What if every farm on earth followed a single harmonized basic set of G.A.P. criteria to apply safe and sustainable practices? Would this ensure the sustainability of farms and farming for generations to come?
- Mpule K. Kwelagobe, Chief Executive Officer, MPULE Institute for Endogenous Development, USA
- Arancha Gonzaález, Executive Director, ITC, Switzerland
How can the Declaration of Abu Dhabi support the ongoing and future initiatives toward food security?
- Hans Juergen Matern, Head of Corporate Sustainability & Regulatory Affairs Food/Non Food, METRO AG, Germany
- Juergen Vogele, Director for the Agriculture and Environmental Services Department of the World Bank , Germany
- Nadia El-Hage Scialabba, Senior Officer, Organic Agriculture Program, Natural Resources Management and Environment Department, FAO, Italy
- Audun Lem, Chief of FAO’s Products, Trade and Marketing Branch in the Fisheries and Aquaculture Department, Italy